What is becoming of democracy in Hong Kong? Almost three months after a national security law imposed by Beijing came into effect, pro-democracy activists are worried about a turn of liberticide. Joshua Wong, a public figure in the movement, is one of them. At 23, he has already been in prison twice and today says: “ Every night when I fall asleep I wonder if I’m going to be arrested or not. “
Since this law came into force on June 30, 2020, fear has grown. “ We run the risk of being extradited to China and having to spend our lives in prison in Beijing »Says Joshua Wong.
Find our other videos on the situation in Hong Kong:
– Violence in Hong Kong: What Really Happened on July 21?
– In Hong Kong, demonstrators are treated in secret clinics
– Why Hong Kong is (still) in the street
– Chaos in Hong Kong: live ammunition and man burned alive
– Monde.fr articles on the subject