The firm is targeted for false offers in the Hot Sale in defense of the consumer and even the shipment of packages that do not contain the products purchased
The Undersecretary of Actions for the Defense of Consumers (Ssadc), dependent on the Secretariat of Internal Trade of the Ministry of Productive Development of the Nation, initiated official files to 17 companies who participate in Hot sale for alleged “misleading offer”, as officially released.
Among them stands out Megatone, which according to the site History.com.ar, revealing the evolution of prices in various stores, the company had increased until twenty% the amounts for the fair discounts, for example:
The users they quickly realized the maneuver and turned Megatone in Trending Topic for a few hours with complaints like the following.
90 thousand a nefarious notebook in megatone, stop fucking around
– matias abelleira (@ abelleira83) July 30, 2020
A shame @bamegatone the disastrous service they give !! I bought a TV 2 months ago and they still haven’t delivered it. The customer service they have is the worst they have received DO NOT BUY IN MEGATONE because they will regret it !!! #megatone #service
– Marian – ex Mono (@Monomarian) July 24, 2020
Defense of the Consumer imputed Personal, Movistar, Red Megatone, Jumbo, Suavestar, Garbarino, Despegar, Al Mundo, Cetrogar, Philco, Dexter, Netshoes, Fravega, The world of toys, Wall Mart, Sodimac and Mercado Libre for misleading offers in the Hot Sale.
– Paloma Bokser ???? (@PalomaBok) July 29, 2020
do something against @bamegatone and @OCACorreoOK or @ocacorreo since there is possible scam in the shopping oline. Oca seems to provide you with “empty” follow-up numbers so that megatone can deceive people into believing that the shipment is in progress, but days go by and nothing
– Nelson (@nelmcor) May 18, 2020
To this is added the complaint Olivier Emmanuel de la Torre, who bought a cell phone on the Megatone page but upon receiving it, the box I was empty. And after three months failed to recover either money or product, as indicated by Jujuy Approach.
“In the context of the pandemic, it is essential that consumers make their purchases in an informed manner. Today, electronic commerce is configured as an essential tool for access to goods and services,” assured the Secretary of Internal Trade, Paula Spanish.
“We seek to guarantee their rights and provide resources for them to make their shopping safely“he added, while leaving some recommendations to take into account before, during and after making the purchase online and what consumers should know about their rights in the Hot sale.
- Before purchase, it is convenient verify that web pages where you want to buy be safe: To identify them, the site address must start with “https: //”
- On the internet there are countless offers of goods and services, so it is important investigate previously, look for references, compare prices and the price / quality / quantity ratio.
- Knowing the details of the seller or the company provides greater security to the purchase and is used to make a complaint in case of any problem.
- Once the purchase is decided, it is important to read all the information in the publication, including the fine print.
- During these dates there are usually different types of promotions: If it says “Promotion valid while supplies last” or “Limited quantities”, the units available must be reported; if they offer a discount, the previous price should be clarified, and in the case of the 2 × 1, the unit price should be clarified.
- Companies have to clearly report all the shipping information: who does it, what is the cost, what is the delivery time.
- At the time of payment, there can be no price difference between cash, debit and credit in a payment; When making the payment by credit card, observe the available installment options, whether or not they have interest and what is the percentage of interest.
- Once the purchase is completed, the supplier must send the electronic invoice or proof of payment.
- The delivery time is part of the offer and must be respected: The company must provide a tracking number on the shipment and give you correct attention to your queries.
- All products have a legal guarantee; if the product is new, it is six months, and if it is used three; the supplier may offer a longer term, but not less than that established by law.
- If the purchase is made online, the buyer has a period of 10 days from receipt of the product to regret the purchase; The company must inform this right before carrying it out.
- In case of any inconvenience with the purchase you can claim: The direct supplier and the electronic sales platform must receive complaints, give respectful treatment without discrimination or bad forms, and offer solutions.
- If the consumer is not satisfied with the company’s response, they can enter their claim through the National Directorate for the Defense of Consumers, indicated The Economist.