(Bloomberg) – US Futures They recede due to concern over the worldwide outbreak of coronavirus cases. Market on the lookout for unemployment benefit claims, durable goods orders, and US GDP European shares rise. 10-year Treasury yield falls. Bloomberg Dollar Index rises and emerging currencies weaken. Copper rises in mixed session for metals in London.
In Chile, coronavirus cases increased to 254,416 and deaths reached 4,731. The government extended the current containment measures and added five new quarantined locations.
CLP fell 0.1% and closed at 819.15 / USD. S&P Ipsa advanced 0.1%; Read here Inside Andes, other FX columns and weekly Chile Renta Fija newsletter.
All events in local time.
At 7:14 am, this was the performance of the main indices:
- 10-Year Treasury Yield -1.5bp to 0.66%
- EUR -0.3% vs USD at 1.1213
- Stable copper asset contract at $ 2,6585
- WTI crude futures -1.4% at $ 37.49
- Bloomberg Commodities Index -0.5%
- S&P 500 Futures -0.3%
- STOXX Europe 600 + 0.4%
- Shanghai SE Composite + 0.3%
- Coronavirus: cases exceed 9.4 million; deaths over 482,000
- Germany’s coronavirus infection rate fell to the lowest level in nearly three weeks, easing concerns that local outbreaks would trigger a resurgence of the pandemic.
- The outbreak worsened in the US, as new cases are coming close to the peak recorded in April
- A new model predicts that deaths from the virus will reach 180,000 by October
- Qantas Airways Ltd. plans to raise up to $ 1.3 billion and cut at least 6,000 jobs
- French President Emmanuel Macron plans a new layoff program that could see the state cover a large chunk of lost income for up to two years
- The US economic recovery is showing incipient signs of weakening in some states where coronavirus cases are on the rise
- The weakening comes after a big pickup in activity as companies reopened after the closings to control the spread of covid-19.
- “We are starting to see very early signs that things are flattening out” in some of the states that reopened first and are now seeing increases in virus cases, said Michelle Meyer, economist at Bank of America
- Chilean group presents offer for South African Sun International
- Treasury Chile places letters in pesos 6 and 12 months, bonds 2025
- Chile reports 3,649 new cases of coronavirus; 254,416 total
- CCB Says Fed NY Accepted Enrollment in Buy-Back Program
- VTR Comunicaciones places USD1,150m in bonds in two tranches
- Chile copper output to drop if conditions persist: Council
- Ripley downgraded to underweight Larrain Vial SA; PO CLP280
- Falabella SA downgraded to neutral at Larrain Vial SA; PO CLP2.400
- Cencosud elevated to overweight in Larrain Vial SA; PO CLP1.300
- Forus elevated to overweight in Larrain Vial SA; PO CLP1.250
- Sun International investors reject offer from Chilean group
TO BE PENDING:
- In Chile:
- 12am: Counselor BCCh García presents IPoM
- 8:30 am: USA wholesale inventories may P; m / m est. 0.4%, previous 0.3%
- 8:30 am: USA Durable Goods Orders May P; its T. 10.5%, previous -17.7%
- 8:30 am: USA Annualized GDP Q1 T; t / t est. -5%, previous -5%
- 8:30 am: USA Initial applications for unemployment benefits June 20; its T. 1.32m, previous 1.51m
- 2pm: Mexico decides rates
- Fed Agenda:
- 9:30 am: Kaplan (Dallas) talks about the transformation of the world economy
- 11am: Bostic (Atlanta) talks about Florida’s state economy
- Relevant agendas:
- South America
© 2020 Bloomberg L.P.