It is a measure for motorcycles and cars that can end with a fine if you do not comply. How and where the procedure is carried out and how much it comes out
In addition to the driver’s license, the vehicle’s green card, insurance and basic security elements such as fire extinguishers and an emergency kit, the car parts engraving It is a mandatory measure in some provinces of the country, which, if not complied with, can end with a fine.
In the case of the City of Buenos Aires and the province, the provisions were implemented through the enactment of Law 3708 for the first and Law 14997 for the second jurisdiction. The regulation applies to all models located in the Sectional Registers of Automotive Property in both areas.
However, they are not the only districts where this implementation is carried out, but in other provinces, such as Córdoba, San JUan and Mendoza, the Recorded it is also mandatory.
Who should record the auto parts?
The units that must undergo the Recorded Auto parts are both cars and motorcycles, both 0km and used, that are registered in the Sectional Registers of Automotive Property of Buenos Aires and CABA.
In any case, they have the obligation to indelibly record the domain number, even if they are pledged vehicles.
The engraving of parts must be done in 0km and used.
0km cars have 30 days from the date of registration (patenting) to carry out the engraving process.
The engraving of different parts of the vehicles must follow a series of instructions established in the legislation. In the case of cars, it must be done on all its doors (external side), hood (inside and top), and trunk (inside and top).
On motorcycles and mopeds, they must be recorded in at least three parts.
On the glass, the engraving must be made on the front windshield, in the upper right part of the glass; on the rear window, upper left part of the glass and on the side windows, on the back of the glass, at its lower angle.
Other data to take into account are the following:
- On motor vehicles with six crystals or more, at least six crystals must be engraved.
- In vehicles with less than six glasses, the recording must be made in all of them.
- In the case of public transport vehicles, at least six windows must be engraved.
The engraving of each character must be done in a continuous line (not dotted or segmented) and at least a height of 6 mm.
What types of engravings are there?
• Sandblasting: it is the oldest and most effective method of filing the patent both on the windscreen and rear window and on the side windows. A compressor and a gun called a sandblasting machine are used to chop the glass through a die. Through this technique, engraving can be perceived through touch.
Each unit will have its own number engraved in various places.
• Etching by acid: due to its easy and fast application, it is the method that is mostly offered. This acid is a compound that is used to engrave glass and crystals in general, and is widely used by artisans who work with these materials. In the case of car windows, its application method is so simple that today it is offered not only by specialists in the field, but also by private individuals.
Is it a requirement to pass VTV?
This doubt is the one that generates the most confusion as it is a provision legislated by the DNRPA. However the Recorded of crystals is not a requirement to pass the Vehicle Technical Verification control.
On the other hand, if parts of the vehicle are affected in the event of an accident, theft or loss and, as a consequence, any of the recorded parts has to be changed, the owner must report the loss and present to the RUDAC (Single Registry of Automotive Dismantlers) and Related Activities) the invoice issued by the registered merchant that proves the purchase of the auto part to be replaced. Then, the engraving plant will carry out the engraving on the new auto part free of charge.
To carry out the procedure, it can be done online in the Province of Buenos Aires: https://rpva.mseg.gba.gov.ar/turnos.aspx and in the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires: https: // autopartes. seguridadciudad.gob.ar/.
To do this, you must bring the Unique Identification Card of the automotive and your DNI, CUIT or CUIL.
Parts engraving can be paid by card
When requesting the shift, you must specify the reason why the auto parts will be recorded. These causes can be:
- For vehicle transfers: Recorded to transfer car, motorcycle and present to the registry.
- Renewal / License application: For renewal of driver’s license or first license.
- VTV Requirement: To carry out the Vehicle Technical Verification.
- Intimation / Fine: Upon receiving the intimation to record the auto parts.
- Insurance Requirement: The insurance companies are demanding the engraving of the auto parts as a requirement to be able to access the automobile or motor vehicle insurance. Advertising: The Registrar or Holder of the vehicle decides to record the auto parts without any of the previous requirements, but of his own free will.
One fact to keep in mind is that, in order to carry out the Automotive Police Verification in the province of Buenos Aires, you must first have the car parts engraving.
Payment can be made with Form GP-02, which can be purchased at engraving centers approved by the Provincial Auto Parts Verification Registry, or in the case of having purchased a new or used vehicle from a dealership, you can purchase it through the same.
On the day of the procedure, you must present the Form and deliver it to the recording company as proof of payment.
Payment can be made by card or in cash:
You can pay by card (debit or credit), Easy Pay, Rapipago and others. If you chose to make the payment of the process through Easy Payment, Rapipago, remember to do it 72 hours before the date of the shift, so that the payment is accredited.
From September 1, the Buenos Aires government had a 25% increase in the engraving of auto parts, a mandatory requirement to circulate in the City of Buenos Aires. With that decision, the cost of the procedure went from 1200 to 1500 pesos.
In the province, the value is 1800 pesos.
Important: The payment will be valid for 90 calendar days to make the engraving.
Those people who for their part have lost the certificate of car parts engraving, because they have to start the process again from scratch. Although depending on the case in which it has been lost, you can speak to one of the law enforcement authorities regarding the procedure.
Find out the latest on digital economy, startups, fintech, corporate innovation and blockchain. CLICK HERE