The appointment will be at the Hipódromo de San Isidro, in the province of Buenos Aires, as previously determined, but instead of being at the end of March it will be in November
After being suspended under the coronavirus precautionary measures, the popular rock festival Lollapalooza has already confirmed the new dates, according to the producer. DF Entertainment.
The appointment will be at the Hipódromo de San Isidro, in the province of Buenos Aires, as it was determined, but instead of being at the end of March as planned, it will happen on November 27, 28 and 29, 2020.
The news comes with the confirmation of Travis Scott (Friday 27), The Strokes (Saturday 28) and Guns N Roses (Sunday 29). And the entire lineup will be informed as soon as possible.
“We are happy to confirm the reprogramming of Lollapalooza Argentina 2020 for November 27, 28 and 29,” the producer reported on the official Twitter account.
“The health and safety of our community was and continues to be paramount, and we are happy to be able to share another great edition of the festival, in accordance with the provisions of public authorities,” he added.
As for the tickets, all those that have already been purchased are valid for the new dates.
In addition, within the next 15 days, ticket acquirers will be informed of the instructions to follow for those cases that exceptionally cannot attend the festival and request a refund.
On Wednesday, the government of the Province of Buenos Aires had reported that it was evaluating the possibility of suspending the edition of Lollapalooza 2020 due to the rapid expansion of the coronavirus pandemic in the world.
“We are analyzing it in particular. Yesterday there was a meeting between the Ministry of Security of the Province with the organizers where the topic was discussed but it was reported that the suspension was recommended,” said the head of the Buenos Aires Cabinet, Carlos Bianco.
“Today there is a resolution of the Ministry of Health that recommends suspending the activity and that people avoid participating,” he said.
On Thursday, the mayor of San Isidro, Gustavo Posse, said that “for reasons of public knowledge related to #coronavirus, I inform you that #Lollapalooza will not be carried out.”
Minutes later, the show’s own production company, DF Entertainment, released a statement clarifying that they are “working on rescheduling the 2020 edition of the festival for the second half of this year.”
Suspended events across the country
After the confirmation of 31 positive cases of Coronavirus in Argentina, three of them indigenous, the Buenos Aires and national governments decided to implement specific measures to avoid the concentration of people in public places, a scenario that could be prone to the spread of the virus.
The pandemic does not reveal a clear horizon, and its duration is unknown. At the moment, it is necessary to follow all the indications and respect the established measures.
The list of suspended events encompasses both the entertainment and sports environment.
For its part, the Buenos Aires Government canceled for 30 days every act or meeting with more than 200 people. That decision by Horacio Rodríguez Larreta reaches hundreds of events and shows. Cinemas, theaters, game rooms and cultural centers will limit their capacity to the number of people mentioned, while all activities are suspended in the public sphere.
– CITY MUSEUMS: suspended activities, closed to the public
– COLON THEATER: activities suspended, closed to the public.
– USINA DEL ARTE: activities suspended, closed to the public.
– RECOLETA CULTURAL CENTER (CCR): suspended activities, closed to the public.
– SAN MARTIN CULTURAL CENTER (CCSM): suspended activities, closed to the public.
– BUENOS AIRES THEATER COMPLEX (CTBA): also closed, all activities suspended.
– CENTENARY PARK AMPHITHEATER: no activity, closed to the public.
– SLAUGHTERHOUSE FAIR: closed to the public.
– CULTURAL CENTERS AND LIBRARIES: closed to the public.
– PRIVATE CINEMA AND THEATERS: They plan to try to keep it running, allowing the entrance of up to 200 people per room.
– BOLICHES: The head of the City Cabinet, Felipe Miguel, pointed out in TodoNoticias that during these two weeks most of the dance venues will close their doors.
– SPORTS EVENTS: they can be held at CABA, but without public attendance.
– LOS INGLESES TOWER: activities suspended for 30 days, closed to the public.
– INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS: international passenger flights from the affected areas are suspended for a period of 30 days.
– CUP LIBERTADORES: the matches of that contest that were going to be held next week were suspended. Conmebol’s decision runs from March 15 to 21, and speaks of “temporary postponement.” The third of the six groups in that competition was dated from Tuesday 17 to Thursday 19. Thus, the five Argentine clubs that participate in the tournament: River Plate, Boca Juniors, Racing Club, Defense and Justice and Tigre, will have no commitments the following week and, in principle, except for changes in the calendar, they will not play again until April, since the fourth date was scheduled between Tuesday 7 and Thursday 9 of the next month.
– SUPERLIGA CUP: this weekend there are two scheduled at CABA: River-Atlético Tucumán and Huracán-Talleres, both will be played without an audience.
– SENATE: It has already been announced that there will be no activity next week, while a complete record is made of all the people related to the legislative sphere who have traveled in recent months to countries where the coronavirus is circulating.
– CIPPEC: It rescheduled its 2020 annual dinner, which usually takes place the first week of April for six months from now.
– MASTICAR FAIR: the eleventh edition was scheduled for between April 2 and 5, which will be postponed for the second half of the year.
– HIPÓDROMO DE PALERMO: the equestrian center of Libertador and Dorrego will also run behind closed doors, if applicable for the next 30 days, and allowing bets on the equestrian and Lottery agencies network. As for its slot machines, the Palermitano racecourse announced that they will continue to be open, allowing a maximum entry of 200 people per room, as indicated by the Buenos Aires Government.
– SAN ISIDRO HIPÓDROMO: the most affected by the coronavirus, because this Saturday the Longines Latin American Grand Prix runs, with many of the best horses on the continent. Thus, several of those specimens have been arriving in recent weeks, and also an important flow of international guests, many of them from countries seriously affected by the epidemic. This Thursday, the northern circus announced that this race is running, although without an audience, extending this type of activity without fans for two weeks.
– HIPÓDROMO LA PLATA: the circus of the Buenos Aires capital announced that its races on Sunday 15, Tuesday 17 and Thursday 19 will be held behind closed doors. The horses will only be allowed to enter accompanied by the trainer and pawn, without the owners being able to be present. The game will be channeled from the equestrian and Lottery agencies.
– RALLY DE LA ARGENTINA. The traditional event of the world rally in Córdoba was suspended without a date. The Sanitary Action Committee of that province ordered it, and it had to be disputed from April 23 to 26.
– MENDOZA HALF MARATHON. The 2020 Mendoza City Half Marathon, scheduled for next Sunday, was also postponed by the Covid-19 Coronavirus. The Mayor of Mendoza Ulpiano Suárez confirmed this measure on Thursday, March 12, indicating that the new date for that event will be announced in due course.
Find out the latest on digital economy, startups, fintech, corporate innovation and blockchain. CLICK HERE